Incorporated in 2000 Red Hot are field leaders in development based theatrical management.
We aim to inspire self-belief, achievement and success.
Red Hot Entertainment is delighted to announce our next workshop will
be hosted by Dan Hubbard (CDG).
Dan Has enjoyed a prolific career as a key member of the Hubbard
His credits include The Bourne Supremacy, King Kong, The Bourne
Ultimatum, Captain Phillips, Burke & Hare, United 93, Downton Abbey,
Helen of Troy and Metropolis.
We are looking for an intelligent, quick-thinking and vibrant individual to join our team. Candidates should be locally based with genuine aspirations to progress in media and celebrity management.
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Must be be able to drive. Applicant should be Hertfordshire based.
Salary negotiable. Closing date ASAP.
You have made a proactive step. You have put ‘Surviving Actors 2014’ in your diary and are committed to going. You want to open up opportunities, get more information and resources and talk to the people who can help you to move forward in your career.
Here are our Top Five tips to help you get the most from your experience and prepare you for success.
1) What is your intention?
This is a great place to start. Why are you going? What information would you like to find out? Who would you like to meet? What will help you go to the next level? Sometimes exhibitions can be overwhelming, hectic and leave you more confused. Take time in advance to fully research the website. See what is on offer and what will be most beneficial to you right now. Create your own road map and itinerary for the day so you have a strategy and leave with answers.
2) What is the first impression you give? Think about what you are going to wear. What image would you like to project? Presentation expands to your CV, your business card and your handshake. Be ‘business’ ready…you never know who you are going to meet, and first impressions always count. Choose a bag that is going to compliment your outfit (no plastic carrier bags here) but also be accessible so you can retrieve CVs and business cards easily.
3) Learn. Be open, polite, smile and be ready to learn. Approach with a positive attitude, don’t waste valuable time with someone who could potentially help you saying ‘this hasn’t happened for me’ or bad mouthing other professionals. Ask questions that are going to give you the information you need. What is missing for you? You are likely to get a plethora of opinions so ask for feedback. If someone says they like or dislike something ask why so you have more information. Ask open, well thought out questions.
4) Connect. So you meet a great contact or connection. How do you continue this? The answer is simple with a well presented business card (make sure the design is in keeping with you, ‘the business’.) Have them to hand, ready to give. It may be worthwhile completing an online search on yourself beforehand. Make sure anything inappropriate is taken down including social media comments. Your own personal website is a great investment- you can have an online portfolio of photos, your CV and Showreel in the one place.
5) Follow up. If you meet someone or attend a talk, follow up, say thank you or give an update. Contact new connections when you have something to say; blanket emails of ‘let me know if’ don’t often provide results. You are likely to want to be in this business a long time so take the time to build relationships and nurture them. It is never about one job. Most importantly enjoy the day- you never know what or who is around the corner.
Nicky Raby, Red Hot Entertainment. @nickyraby
Red Hot will be at the Surviving Actors Exhibition in London on Saturday 8th February. The event has free admission and is a fantastic opportunity to meet the team, discuss your career goals and browse our Red Hot ID packages, which will be available to purchase on the day.
BOOTH 20, The Ballroom, The Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, 22 Portman Square, London W1H 7BG
Saturday 8th February, 10am - 5pm
For more information please visit www.survivingactors.com
Matt is a Casting Director and NLP/Lifecoach practitioner.
As a partner in Belinda Norcliffe Casting, he works daily with actors in order to get the best results from the casting situation.
Recent commercial casting work includes spots with Google, Premier Inn, Ford, Sainsbury's, Co-op, and the Downton Abbey idents for ITV.
Our workshops help you:
- Improve your casting ability
- Get quality feedback from the people that know
- Meet current casting and production professionals
- Spend quality time with the people who know how to get the best results from you
Places are limited, so book now! Visit www.redhotentertainment.biz/workshops to secure your place.
The workshop takes place on 13th November 2013 at Club for Acts and Actors (CAA) Location. 20 Bedford St, London, WC2E 9HP from 19:00 - 21:00.
Red Hot is proud to announce that Hormuzd Todiwala is playing the role of Az in the upcoming movie Ibiza Undead. Hormuzd flies out to Ibiza this weekend to shoot this exciting feature, which is described as a cross between The Inbetweeners and Sean of the Dead.